View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Originally Posted by needtransportation View Post
Replaced the fuel line and spark plug with a ngk bp6hs and then took her on a test ride with no helmet, brakes, or shoes and couldnt get her slowed down enough turn back into my driveway so I decided it was better to go down in grass than asphalt so I tried going over the curb and flipped over the handlebars and landed on my face and trashed my neck pretty bad, now is one of the times I wish I had health insurance...

I have learned my lesson and she will be locked safely away in the garage until I put brakes on it and buy a helmet.
Come on bro....... these are exactly the kind of mishaps that have the potential to give motorized bikes a bad rap, common sense says if it has a motor and no brakes its a no go situation until it does.....!

Glad you weren't seriously injured and hope what is injured heals fast but we all better be thinking about the big picture and not taking risk like that for multiple reasons, first it aint worth loosing life and or limb over and second one bad accident may be all it takes for some nut job with some pull and money in the area to mount a campaign against people having a motorized bike on the public roadways....... lots of people now days just itching for something to make themselves famous with......

Again hope you heal quick and good..... and as you said..... keep that's dang bike as something only to look at until you make sure its safe.....!

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!