View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 04:09 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: What I found while cleaning out the garage.

Yes true enough Theon. For a while there it was looking like most of the equipment I'd purchased for myself was going to be never used, but my health seems to be turning a corner now and I'm able to spend a nice amount of time each day in my workshop doing the things I want to do.

I certainly feel a good deal happier in myself and my daughter has said exactly that to me, - that I seem to be happier and a lot more positive now that I'm working on my projects again. My own Dad used to talk about what he was going to do when he retired, then died of a massive heart attack just before he was about to retire. i took a lesson from that, - do what you want to do NOW because you don't know what tomorrow will bring. This April I'm going to be two years older than the age my Dad was when he died which feels a little strange to tell the complete truth.

It's great that my daughter is like me and has an interest in mechanical things. The other evening when she was working on my VeloSolex and she needed a puller to take the flywheel off I was able to make the needed tool for her using some of that workshop equipment I'd purchased all that time ago. Wonderful quality time too because I was able to show her one or two metalworking tricks I'd learned during my years of making stuff.
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy chocolate which is almost the same thing
Home of the Kotanga Tramway.