View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: my new build shopping list!

A simple and affective way to keep the stock type idler tensioner from possibly rotating into spokes is to do as myself and several other have done is once ther tensioner bracket is installed on the frame in the desired location just drill a small hole though tensioner bracket where it saddles the frame and the install a small self tapping sheet metal screw with some blue thread locker on it, it will cut good threads through bracket and frame in that area and the hole is so small and the fact that the bracket itself clamps tightly around the frame on both sides of the small hole makes it actually just as strong as if there were no hole there at all, it doesn't compromise the strength of the frame and will insure that the idler bracket stay put and can not rotate into the wheel spokes.... very simple mod and it just simply works great if you plan to run the stock type tensioner/idler set up, just make sure the hole you drill is correct for the screw thats used And its A solid solution and will not come out, got one bike that is set this way since 2009 and it has never been touched since I put it together this way, over 2000 miles of abuse and I have only replace the roller with the one I make from skateboard wheels which are way better than the one that come in kit.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!