View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Exclamation Re: NEW... a journey recounted in paragraphs!

I told you this paragraph would be about the forks!

I had seen pictures of bikes with the springer which made it look like an old boardtrack racer, that's what I tried... the first springer was a chrome Sunlite brand springer. I would like to review it but Amazon decided to ship UPS, they dont deliver to my house so they sent it to a local post office which promptly returned them. Trying to boycott Amazon I went to ebay, Fito makes a nice looking fork; bought it in black. This fork felt like I mounted my wheel to spaghetti, now i really understand when sickbikeparts says Fito is not fit for moto, lol. long story short, pivot bolt breaks and dumps my bike and I upside down on the asphalt. Fito will not talk to me at all, I told Terry what happened and he is still giving me the runaround 2 months later. Resorting to the oem forks, I got them back from powdercoat in January. with a 1" steer tube, the aftermarket selection is slim. I also bought the Wald chrome steel headset and it feels solid. don't forget the grease either, I use regular bearing grease originally bought for a Chevy axle and it works great.

Last edited by Going2Hell; 03-11-2014 at 05:04 PM.