View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 07:17 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: How long have you ridden your motorized bicycle?

Just over 4 years for me, still have my first build with over 2000 miles on it and it still runs great, this bike hasn't had a wrench on it in over 2 years, it isn't the fastest or smoothest of my three running bikes but its a war horse and is extremely dependable, its an old BGF ebay kit that was called the Red Bat kit, and has proven to be a solid little engine, its mounted on a USA built Roadmaster 26" Mountain bike that has a fairly heavy frame and feels really solid running don the road.

I have a Huffy Karaoke beach cruiser that has over 1000 miles on it and its also a solid bike that is very dependable.

If the engine comes with good bearings and is tuned up right with better than stock intake gasket and mounted correctly among another thing or two they will be pretty reliable normally, a quality oil mix at correct ratio makes a big difference for those of us who tend to ride aat higher speeds also.

The engines are a roll of the dice as far as exactly what you get as far as bearing condition and such from most vendors, but we do have a couple vendors now that are selling a better quality engine that has a better balanced crank and better bearings, only have about 400+ miles on one of these engines so far but I think it will be a longnlife engine since it much smoother than the normal china girl engine, time will tell though.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!