View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Originally Posted by xseler View Post
Slayer, post up what you need that you don't 'have laying around'. Many of us have extra stuff that may be of use to you.
if anyone has a head gasket and or a exaust gasket i could use thatd be great. I bought some gasket material at my local m/c shop and its air tight but it gets saturated with oil and leaks all over the engine. I used the. rest of that stuff for a base gasket. Time will tell if itll hold up. I need the head gasket cause i used both base gaskets i had cause the material i bought is very compressible. And i decked the head just a little more. I need some courser grit sandpaper... takes forever wth what i have. I can deal with this stuff in the summer just fine. But winter... my tolerance goes with the weather . i figured out the "detonation" problem I was having. It was the spark plug boot. And the spark plug. They were both resistor type. I thought it wouldn't be a problem but after awhile it got worse. I just put the old boot on and it went away. now I just have to get a iridium NGK plug. Still running rich with a 65 jet and the clip in the top notch.. Lost some compression with using two base gaskets. Should I deck the jug or the head for better compression?
"Life is a waterfall, we're one in the river and one again after the fall" -system of a down. ride safe! -Jake

Last edited by slayer60973; 02-24-2014 at 01:26 PM.