View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Originally Posted by slayer60973 View Post
Its all the small things that made me want to sell it. The tire popping just made me angry as as ****. Yeah it sounds stupid but everytime i get it running great. Something else effs up. The engine lost almost 1/2 of its power. Which i.think is because of the base gasket being squished down to nothing. Even though i cleaned up the transfer ports. Does anyone know what detonation sounds like? Cause i think thats happening also under acceleration, it doesnt sound like 4 stroking. Its like a loud high pitched pop. Its just overwhelming. When i took it out to ride today the throttle handle where the cable attaches broke for some idiotic reason. No i didnt drop it. And the kill switch wire came off im just having some crappy luck. And being broke as a joke doesnt help any. Sigh.

If noone contacts me about by tomorrow at 8 ill just rip it apart and try to fix it with the crap i have laying around. Nunya. Id have liked to read that paragraph. Lol. ive calmed down now. Ive gotta work on my anger
That sounds about right.. it was the same for me on the first build. I'd do a run to work and back and need to fix, adjust or tweak something (either at work or after the ride home). It takes a while, but eventually it's broken or forced you to replace everything that needs it, and it's great from there on out.

Originally Posted by xseler View Post
Slayer, post up what you need that you don't 'have laying around'. Many of us have extra stuff that may be of use to you.
...or can suggest alternate materials that can do the job.

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser