Thread: Carburetor Law
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Carburetor Law

Originally Posted by SoldierBoy View Post
i have constructions skills landscaping skills but i live in california not to be mean but you get my point a lot of workers getting paid 5$ an hour are doing landscaping and mowing lawns that i dont even have a lawn mower lol but i have good drive to find a job and hold it down not afraid to get my hands dirty if needed but finding one is a whole different story
There's a saying I've found true.... it's easier to get a job if you have a job. Take whatever you can get (even if you have to swallow your pride - remember, pride won't keep you fed) and doors will start opening. In addition, based on the skills you mention, print out a flyer with your number on it and spread it around saying "Local Handy-guy will build it/fix it/paint it or plant it for you! Free Consultations!" You may end up burning an hour here and there that doesn't turn in to a day's work, but if you're good and you back your work it'll grow quickly.

The last long-term job I had started pretty much at the end of the interview when the manager asked when I could start. I looked at my watch and asked if there was enough time left in thier workday right now to be useful. (Unfortunately, it was an hour to quitting time. But I did meet the guys and start the next morning.)

Above all, though, is mood and attitude. I know it's rough. I'm unemployed with no payments coming in, too. Some days are hard, others are worse.

Good or bad, remember, when you roll out of bed:

Every day is an adventure. What kind is up to you.

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser