Thread: Carburetor Law
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Carburetor Law

As a young kid I didn't have much ,there were 5 kids in my family so money was always tight , if you wanted something you had to work hard for it ,but god damn it's one **** of a rewarding feeling when you skrimp and save every last penny to save for something and finally get it , mate I spent countless hours scrubbing cars ,mowing lawns ,walking dogs ,weeding and the list goes on .
I'll be honest in saying that's the problem with kids nowadays ,everything is handed to them on a silver platter ,theirs no work for what you earn and earn for what you work
When you work for something and finally get it you appreciate it more as well , it's a hard life lesson that needs to be learned and all to often the kids of nowadays have no concept of it . My advice is to work for a motor and buy a good one ,don't go for cheap pirated motors as they cost more in maintenance and everyday care
Look at what I did as an example ,i went to an op shop ,purchased a cheap bike and I built a motorized bicycle build with money I had saved , looked after it and spent a lot of time and work maintaining it ( my dream was a cruizer) eventually I sold this bike , built another and sold that too ,after 3 builds I had enough to purchase a cruizer frame , I then worked for a month on weekends labouring ( whilst my mates went out and drunk and had fun) but as it would be bills and such the money was used for the house.
After 6 months of my cruizer frame sitting in its box I'd saved $10 here and $20 there to afford a good motor instead of buying lunches and drinks , put it together and I finally have what I wanted ,it took over 12 months to get it but the hard work and sacrifice I put in to get it makes me appreciate it a whole lot more ,something a lot of us older members will know, but sadly not so for the younger generation

Regards Henshooter
Light travels faster than sound ,ergo some may appear smart until you hear them speak