Thread: Stupid Chp
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 07:32 PM
MotorBicycleRacing's Avatar
MotorBicycleRacing MotorBicycleRacing is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal, Orange County.
Posts: 5,356
Exclamation Re: Stupid Chp

Originally Posted by SoldierBoy View Post
being un registered not having my license to ride it
Actually the CHP had it right so you were lucky to get off.

$20 lifetime license plate.

To get a M1 or M2 if you are under 21 you have to take the motorcycle safety course.

Motorcycle Handbook License Requirements

California issues the following license classes for two-wheel vehicle operation:

Class M1—You may operate any two-wheel motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized scooter and all vehicles listed under Class M2.
NOTE: The permit and license requirements in this handbook pertain to two-wheel vehicles and are referenced in Section12804.9 of the California Vehicle Code.

Class M2—You may operate any motorized bicycle, moped, or a bicycle with an attached motor, or a motorized scooter.
You may obtain a Class M1 or M2 license at any DMV office which provides driver license services. Motorcycle law tests and skill tests are required.

NOTE: Class C licensees may operate a motorcycle with a side car attached or a three-wheel motorcycle.

Last edited by MotorBicycleRacing; 02-06-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Reply With Quote