View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 12:52 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: ignorant drivers thread !!!!

Originally Posted by CTripps View Post
Yikes, 12mm? That's a hair bigger than a .45, not quite a .50 caliber. It's a good thing he was moving away from you.. he'd otherwise have been confused, wondering where that train tunnel suddenly appeared from..
Oh no, it was a 7mm calibre revolver, I am a lady afterall

From a purely engineering and design standpoint the Lefaucheux is a fascinating revolver. They were made in a number of calibres including 5mm, 7mm & 12mm and could be anything from 6 shot to 20 shot, though apparently some gun makers tried to go as far as a 30 shot capacity which made for an awfully unwieldy revolver that wasn't a great success.
When I purchased my 1900 Swedish Mauser rifle the gun dealer had a number of ex Belgian military issue Lefaucheux revolvers that he was selling for a surprisingly cheap price. No license was needed because ammunition was completely obsolete and not available and I very nearly bought one. My ex would've had a fit though if I had because we didn't have much money to come and go on. The Mauser was for hunting feral goats so it was a justifiable expense, me buying a Lefaucheux merely because I thought it was interesting would've made our divorce six years early for certain.
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy chocolate which is almost the same thing
Home of the Kotanga Tramway.