View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 12:28 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
There is a very simple way to tell if the sbp filter is causing a lean condition or a rich condition on your engine...... just run it down the road with no filter at all and if it bogs then you know you still need to go up on the main jet, if it runs great then you know the briggs filter is flowing more air to engine, the cloth filters flow better than a paper filter and for them to actually filter the dirt and dust out they need to be sprayed with filter oil.

ok, so tune it with short runs and no filter !

i dont know why i didnt think of this, it cant flow any less restrictive than no filter, and if it bogs down with no filter than i am running too small of a main jet for my port job and carb size.... this also means that the paper filter that makes it work, is restricting air flow enough to make the too small main jet run correct fuel air ratio's.

but if it runs fine with no filter, well then i guess the bike is tunned correctly and the brigs oversized filter is not restricting it, and this would also mean that the small SBP filter is restrictive for a heavily ported china girl with a large carb.

i will put this to the test tomorrow, i hope the main jet is too small LOL this way i know i did not waste my money and going to the free flowing filter and a larger jet would result in more power !

as of right now with a .74mm main and the orange brigs filter and a 16mm carb and 16mm bore extended long intake, i just made a top speed run and broke my old grubee gt5's record ! this dax motor is turnning into a beast ! i pushed past the fastest speed i achived on my last motor and did it with less vibration and i felt some power left to spare but i pulled back on the throttle cause this motor just barley pased its break in period ! if i can get more air and fuel into her with larger main and a free flowing filter than i will be very happy !

i love the look on peoples faces when i blow past a moped on my bicycle !!!
here to stay and compleatly insane ! deal with it lol