View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 01:16 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Your government at work:

The thing being ignored is that these bike lanes are already paid for with existing taxes. They're always looking for new ways to tax the public. Case in point; I got a fix it ticket for my car, issued by a petermaid at school , for which I was innocent of if they had ran my plates and seen that it was legal, which was $135 if left uncorrected, $10 if signed off, I talked to the officer who signed it off and she said that they had privatized their parking ticket system (which assumes guilty unless proven innocent beyond reasonable doubt, almost impossible to fight since their office is in Socal and they don't accept any supporting evidence for defense as valid) because it cost too much to process tickets. The local parking authority office is closed to the public and doesn't hold hearings, and I explained that this is severely questionable from a legal standpoint, to which she replied that parking tickets would have to be $500 if they were to process them locally at the courthouse. You don't have to be a lawyer to see that this is a way to collect tax without means for representation.
KTM50 Schwinn Chopper - 6000W E-Motard - 52cc Auger BMX - 9sp+CVT 52cc Cagllari Moped