View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

any way ...... enough of

i got rid of the coaster break all together and now have the 7 speed shimano cassett and shimano derailure setup hooked up, but i have no cable long enough to make it to my handle bars, plus i am going to have to use a right side 7 speed twist shifter that i have .... upside down on the left side so it will not interfear with the throttle. no worries it will look and work just fine... only the numbers will be upside down lol ! that and i need a master link for the 21 spd mnt bk chain i pulled from the doner bike, right now i am running a bmx chain on the center gear with the derailure set to that position. it works just fine for now but i cant wait to hit up the bike shop later for
1 a new long cable
2 a master link for the multie speed chain
3 a large side pull rim break for the rear (just untill i get the post for the v breaks welded on)
4 a dual pull break lever

ohh yes .... i just installed a 36t chainring and greased up my bottom bracket, the bike should be real easy to pedal with a single 36 and 7 speeds, it just seemed like the right gear ratio for a heavy cruiser... i think with a 40 or 44 it would be to hard to pedal to be able to use all the gears making them useless lol i want to be able to use em if i have em so i went real small on the chain ring sprocket, at least now i will be able to pedal through all 7 gears if i want.

after all that lil stuff i should be able to tune in the shifter and adjust bolth breaks on the one lever and my bike will be the sweetest cruiser in town !

sorry about the lighting my bike/ engine shop is a large room in a basment with only a single light lol i use a small lamp where ever i am working and the cieling light just keeps it bright enough so i can see enough to find my tools and move around, its cool though i have a masive 20ft x 20ft room all to myself just for tools, bike stuff, equipment and engine building !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131227_111452.jpg (491.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131227_111500.jpg (520.3 KB, 32 views)
here to stay and compleatly insane ! deal with it lol

Last edited by rogergendron1; 12-27-2013 at 11:01 AM.