Thread: 100:1 Mix
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 100:1 Mix

Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Opti2. .........

It's a geat product in veything I've used it in and has made my engines run much better and I have had failures in the past with other high quality oils run at 30-50:1 ratios, I dont have anything however that will turn 15, 000 RPM so I cant vouch for Opti2 @ 100:1 in those conditions, it seems that there are at least two or three people that have left testimonial of sing Opti2 at it recommended ratio in high performance high rpm lite aircraft applications, im gonna say its gonna take a butt load of confidence in a product togo with it in that application........!
All I can truly attest to is my own personal experiences and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Opti2 is an excellent product and will be the only oil I will rely on full time in all the 2 smokets I currently own and I plan to switch all my 4 smoker equipment over to Opti4 this spring since my local hardware store carries both of the Interlube products and has for many years.

If I were running something with extremelyhigh heat and rpm potential I would likely do as 2door/ Tom and add some high quality degummed Castor oil to the mix just for a dab of added insurance again possibly galling at heat temps and high revs, but I have a lot of confidence in Opti2 for everything I own.

wow you know it never hit me to look it up on the rc or air plane forums............. i will give it a look and report back here with my findings. i would love to prove myself wrong cause 100:1 can open up new jetting possabilities and allow more actual fuel in the cylinder during the combustion wich would lead to more HP especialy at higher RPMs .

lol i have had near failures at every oil mix ratios even motors tunned to run perfect at 25-1 ! its from the shear abuse though and not just average riding . i would love to know if opti 2 can stand up to that at sutch a thin mix ! if it can get some more hard data on it, i just might swap out and rev the piss out of the motor i am running for a good long stint, then pull here apart and see whats up... would need rejetting and proper tunning of course but i would love to srsly put it to the test !

i put a grubee gt5 to the blow up test for 3 and 1/2 strait weeks reving it to the max and beating it like you would not believe, even started a thread on trying to blow it lol ! i ran lucas oil and true fuel end mix was 25 to 1 to 30 to1 max and for the life of me i could not get it to blow even holding the throttle wide open no load for a good 3-4 min every day when i got home! when i pulled it apart, the motor looked pretty darn good considering the insane abuse i put it though actualy trying to blow it ! there was only minor scoring of the cylinder wall and minor scuffing of the piston skirt !!!! the rings were hardly worn and still had a good amount of black on them and were not scored just slightly worn, this was after putting 2,000 miles on it and then spending 3 pluss weeks trying to blow it !

i atribute the condition of the motor and the amount of abuse it took without fail to the verry ample amount of oil and the quality of oil i was running, this is why most karts run 30 to 1 and run wide open most of there life and show little signs of where.

if some one could show proof that opti 2 could hold its own in a similar sinario i would swap out in a heart beat ! this would open engine tunning up to a whole new lvl ! as you know more fuel = more power and 100:1 is a lot more fuel in the chamber than 25:1 !!!

i may slap that grube back together with a new jug and piston and port for max rpms and give opti 2 a blow up test same as i did with lucas oil. after that lil experiment i trust lucas in any motor !!! lol

it honestly just feels like its against my religeon to try it lol as i have never heard of sutch a thing in a preformance motor in my life, and i am scared of new fangled things lol

and your right about the confidece factor !!! i am confident i can run opti 2 at 100:1 in my old weed wacker..... i am not confident however that i would run 100:1 safley in a 2,500$ 15,000 rpm custom built kart motor with a hundred hours of my own blood sweat and tears into it !
here to stay and compleatly insane ! deal with it lol

Last edited by rogergendron1; 12-22-2013 at 05:43 PM.