View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Butterscootch Blunder - Don't buy Huffy

We don't have Walmart here in New Zealand we have the Warehouse (Big Red Shed). The bikes they sell look different and have different names, but they all suffer from poor assembly faults as a rule. At a recent sale at the Big Red Shed I purchased a seven speed, full suspension 'Repco' mountain bike for my daughter and when I got it home and could properly examine it I found exactly what I expected; - the wheel bearings and BB bearings were adjusted far too tight and they were innocent of grease.
To the Warehouse's credit they did have a yellow notice in a plastic sleeve attached to the bike saying, 'WARNING. In the interests of safety it is recommended that you have this bike assembled by a skilled mechanic.' Only I do wonder how often anybody buying one of these bikes does that.

My daughter is planning on installing an electric motor drive onto this bike once I've finished giving it a complete service and check over so I fully intend to be very thorough. She is my daughter afterall and she is very precious to me.
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy chocolate which is almost the same thing
Home of the Kotanga Tramway.