View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Butterscootch Blunder - Don't buy Huffy

Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
If they find out ya stuck a motor on it the waarranty is VOID. I've been riding my Cranbrook/66cc for over 2 years,no problems except flat tires. STOCK wheel bearings with good high temp auto bearing grease,Put better brakes on it, of course. I LOVE my Hussy.
Ditto, I have a Huffy I ordered shipped to my door about three years ago off, did the bearing up right with qualtiy high tack grease, caliper front break and a few other odds and ends, over 1000 miles on it now and zero failures with bike, hard roadmiles on mostly rough dusty dirt roads, I wont say that Huffy makes the best bike by any means, but it is an excellent budget platform for a motorized bike that holds up nicely if wheel bear tension is adjusted correctly and the bearings are packed with a quality grease, 1000+ hard miles on mine and I've yet to have any slop or slack in any of my wheel bearing and they roll smooth.

Im sure the huffy wheel are kinda like the typical china girl engine, you might get good ones that hold up great and you may end up with a lemon that fails prematurely..... roll of the dice on anything from china in my opinion.

By the way thats a nice looking Huffy build KCvale, nothing to be anything but proud of.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!