View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Talking Re: How NOT to ride a motorized bicycle

Originally Posted by crassius View Post
these pics are part of the reason I refuse to build coaster brake bikes

giving him real brakes will probably stop the crashes, and if you leave the coaster on it, then tell him to never use it and the rear hub will stop coming apart
That fella is gonna get hurt bad some day sounds like, may be the type that can destroy an anvil with a rubber hammer.....! I've known a few like that, and they always jump before they think or look and are typically injury prone.

These types make motorbicycling seem like a dangerous activity and will sooner or later get some bad press and get people thinking they should not be allowed on the road, a few bad apple can easily spoil the whole basket sometime.

Very true, coasters aren't the best brakes, I like the V Brakes best myself, I do have a Huffy with original ( Hi Stop ? I think thats what it is ) coaster rear wheel that has 1000+ hard rough dirt road miles on it now and it has not got wobbly yet...and the braking with it is good along with a front caliper brake, I like the Shimano 110E coatser hub or one of the older american made hubs best if I'm to use a coaster and I give my bikes a good shake back and forth to check to make sure there isn't wobble in the hubs before I ride.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!