Thread: Thwarted!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Thwarted!

Glad you caught the broken engine mount, Dan. That could have caused some problems, for sure. Sorry about your smelly garage though.

I'm pretty safety conscience, as everyone knows and I tend to do a lot of pre-flighting before riding. I don't do it much after a ride so it's always a little frightening when you find something that could/might have caused you problems if you'd ridden away without catching it.
I was going out for a short ride today with my niece, who is very bicycle savy and who has ridden my motorized bicycles before. But before we pulled out of the garage I found the rear seat mount on the bike she was going to ride loose where it bolts to the rear drop outs. If either or both bolts would have fallen out the seat would have dropped into the rear tire. That could have either been funny, or an accident. I tightened the two 6mm bolts and found nothing else wrong or loose and we enjoyed a half hour ride in the sunshine before turkey time. Oh, and those bolts were still tight when we got home.

Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"