View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 01:41 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what are some of the best mods to do?

Originally Posted by MotorBicycleRacing View Post
The Arrow Motorized Cycles Street Racer sells for only $499

Has an,
$85 CR Machine billet head.
$55 Torquer II pipe
$85 reed block
$50 Carb
$65 Pro reed ported cylinder

The lower end bearings are not changed because there is nothing wrong with the stock ones which I think are Japanese in the Skyhawk.

I don't think there are any piston ramps on the Arrow Street Motor.
It does have good port timing though. I will ask Dave.

The best mod bang for the buck is an expansion chamber.

What do you mean by a straight pipe for a 2 stroke?
Straight pipes sort of work on 4 strokes.

The Rock Solid reed valve is a joke as it is sized for a 30 cc motor not these 66cc to 69cc motors

yeh 500 plus shipping ? well i thought it was 600 for some reason IDK mabey i was thinking of the balanced one lol

i my self am in the market for a dellorto carb but am wondering why most all places seem to have the 14 or 15mm sha or clone and do not carry the real 16.16mm ? 16 -18mm seems like the sweet spot for the 70cc motor, why does everyone go for 15mm carbs ? i would rather have the 16mm phgb or 16.16mm sha or even a 18mm phgb or 18mm mikuni so why are all the so called preformance options 15mm same as stock ? i have a 21 mm i know for a fact i could make work but would only be good for WOT racing 18 seems like a good inbetween

and motorbicycleracing is correct a x chamber will give you the most for your money, its something you can feel and substantiate right on the first ride, however i like to do that after i get the compression ratio i want and port it the way i want and get the top end modded and lightend then i make the exhaust tunned to the motor, this way i dont have to keep chopping it up and changing header lengths and sutch to keep retuning it after every major mod lol
here to stay and compleatly insane ! deal with it lol

Last edited by rogergendron1; 11-28-2013 at 01:51 AM.