View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 12:41 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: super light friction drive for emergency.

A bit off the track, but I've been thinking the last few years that small cars should have a small electric motor on the back axle with a battery or two, even if it only does 10 or 15 mph- for parking lots and drive-throughs and traffic jams- be great in a breakdown- at least get the car off the road and maybe to a shop even-

it's not rocket science- I think the oil company conglomerate stands in the way of such progress.

Breakdowms aren't a problem here- my bike set up with narrow 700C wheels and tires pedals better than a whole bunch of people's normal bikes. I'm rarely more than three miles from home because most of my riding is for local errands.

Started thinking about that electric motor on the back a few years back when I was driving the Festiva below- I could push it around anywhere except uphilll with the motor off- so it wouldn't take much to move it with electric. Had the back seat out of it and LOTS of space back there.

Once rolled it a couple miles down into Needles CA without even starting the motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Festiva.jpg (365.2 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Nashville Kat; 11-21-2013 at 12:43 AM.