View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Originally Posted by BonusParts View Post
I actually cancelled ordering it. I might be a touch slow. My motor has 1000 miles on it or a touch more. Its clutch bearings how like ****. And like i mentioned.... needs a cylinder. So! I happen to have a brand new fred motor in my basement. Stuffed crank special head bla blah killer engine. Anyways i wasnt using it yet because the intake and mikuni carb do not fit in my frame.

I had a light bulb flick on then! Use my offset intake and nt "speed" carb. May not go 50mph but its balanced and stuffed with all the trimmings. Itll still boogie!

Ill update this situation as i go
The RT dellorto clone carb will still likely get you to 50mph no problem with the right gearing , I've done 45+mph with an NT carb and a 34T rear sprocket, im gonna tey a 30T rear with my current set up and see if I can still pull the mall hills around here ok, if I can tha will be a nice set up for me and im just running a well ported dax balanced lower build and not a high dollar Fr d engine like you have.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!