View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Good motorized pedal car base?

The British have a formula for pedal car racing and it's taken reasonably seriously as a sport. However in these impatient and hi-stress times I would not dare to take a pedalcar or velocar anywhere near the roads in or out of a major city centre at rush hour (or at any time really).
I no longer drive a car except for very local trips within our small town's boundary limits. My daughter had to make a trip to a city about 100Km away two days ago and her very first words to me when she returned home were, 'Now i see why you don't want to drive anymore.' The description she gave me of her intrepid journey while we shared a nice hot pot of tea was the typical litany of too much speed, careless driving, plain rudeness and impatience. I think I've mentioned this before, - my daughter has undertaken an advanced driving course very similar to the training the New Zealand Police receive and she also has steady nerves. If she found her journey seriously challenging then i know things are getting bad.

Fortunately we have a very good network of cycle trails in our district that follow the old railway branchline formation and it's possible to get to any of the surrounding townships without going near the roads at all. Unfortunately the local council has set them up for two wheeled bicycles only and tricycles won't fit through the gates (sigh).
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg PinkPedalCar.jpeg (162.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Pedalcar grand prix 1.jpg (35.7 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg 8578533296_03af082f7c_o.jpg (180.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 8578533560_c2e5678fc6_o.jpg (187.1 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg FlyingTigersPedalCar.JPG (101.2 KB, 56 views)
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy chocolate which is almost the same thing
Home of the Kotanga Tramway.