View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: clutch is tightening after a ride

Originally Posted by maniac57 View Post
"Automatic exterior lubrication"
I choked on my tea laughing I.W.!
I would bet a thousand dollars there is still an oil spot on the garage floor of my childhood home from the first Norton Commando I inflicted on myself in my teenage years.
People would back off behind me when the oil started spotting the windshield of the following driver...
Good times!
It is a well known fact that all British vehicles leak oil. It is also known that the electrical systems in British vehicles leak smoke. And as you know, if you let the smoke out of an electrical system it will cease to function. Never, ever let the smoke leak out of a major electrical component such as a starter or battery. They hold a lot of smoke and when it comes out, you'll know it. Lucas saw this as a problem and offered this fix for those who inadvertently allowed the smoke to leak out of their electrical systems.

What this has to do with a tight clutch, I don't know. Just thought I'd stick it in here.

EDIT: Apologies to our British members and friends. Just poking fun from across the pond. No offense intended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lucas Smoke.jpg (133.9 KB, 20 views)
Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"

Last edited by 2door; 11-05-2013 at 09:28 PM.