View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: not to impressed with first kit looking for upgrade

Originally Posted by rogergendron1 View Post
what i am saying is to get one of the china girls to runn like..... wow i am impressed !

it will probably run you in to the range of 600$

the cost of the kit ( DAX balanced motor) 225
an arrow ported jug and reed valve setup 190
a high comp head 40 -90
custom piston for reeds 20

thats over the 500$ mark and there is no labor counted !

for 500 $ i could have bought a preddy a torque a verter and welded it into a frame my self !!! and for a lil more i could have bought a denardis !!!!

I couldn't disagree with you more on some of the points you made here on price to get a china girl to be fast and reliable on a good bike build.

A DAX engine or MotorBicycleRacing GenV engine ( same as what Dax is selling) itself is just $129.99 + shipping of $20 from dax here in USA but I know will be more to Canada, a 70cc hi hi Puch head is around $30, a Manic Mech type shorty match ported intake is $17.99 from bike berry and around $20 from others, the RT Dellorto Clone carb from Dax is $30 + cable $7.95 with nicely cleaned up ports and a free flowing exhaust, whether expansion pipe or just a straight pipe which can be very cheap or could cost $80 +or- ?

I said all this to say that for $350 or less I can build for myself a very strong reliable running engine if I already have the other basic parts from a kit to get the bike set up, and if not Dax sells all the kit parts excluding the engine for $99 which would still have a good solid build for around the $400 mark.

I know this is the case because I have done it, and have a bike running like this right now that is a powerful 40+MPH bike all day long.

You are correct about the bigger better 4 smokers being a much better way to go for long term reliability and power IF a person has the $'s the tools and the skills needed to do that sort of a build, myself I do have all these things needed and plan to do a couple of these type builds myself in the future, but $600 is about $200-$250 more than it wil actually cost to have a good strong running china girl, reeds and other work will get it up to that but in my opinion not needed to build a strong running engine, just a bit of eye candy and a slight performance gain from what I've seen.
without any of the fancy stuff like reeds I have been clocked at 48mph on my just under $250 china girl build.

With the better balanced engine from Dax or MotorBicycleRacing if one will get the Dellorto clone carb and a free flowing exhaust you will be very pleasantly surprised just how well that set up will perform with a 36T rear sprocket, comfortable 35-40+MPH cruise speed easy to acheive without breaking the bank.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!