Thread: in need of info
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Smile Re: in need of info

Thank you guys who responded and helped with your ideas..i have been beating myself up trying to find out why i cant accelerate and my plugs blacker than soot..i changed out my petcock and alot of other things except mess with the carb(adjusting the tab to lower float ring) and the jet..i have had no issues with my bike for nearly a year and have estimated 500+ miles on it..I rode aroundd with a broken throttle handle for bout half that time and when i changed it out it started gradually losing acceleration over the course of a few weeks. then i found the base gasket leaking oil and decided to change it therefore putting me in the predicament of idling, starting, but no go.. i will go out today and do a few things with the bike(main mode of transp.) and apply what you guys have suggested..oh, almost forgot..when it comes to oil/gas mix i use master pro synthetic which says its good for three ratios but you use 2.5 ounces everytime..always ran fine on this mix but i did wonder if the oils richer than other brands.. thanks for all your help everyone.. read and learn