View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: New Build (raw engine)

Well I got the bike running today, it is not impressive, at least not yet. The slide needle was at the bottom notch, so it was running as fat as it could and I am at sea level. I got it leaned out but it is still not very powerful, I know it is still breaking in so it will get better as it runs in. One thing on this kit that is a failure, the chain adjuster is a disaster. It is one of the two bolt 8mm animals. The bolt holes are too far apart and the portion that is made to go around the frame stays is so big that it will not grip, luckily it was going slow when it went into the spokes. This is I think the most dangerous event that will happen to the Happy Time bike, I can't stress this enough, you have to get this right. I am going to weld this one on the inside it will look like there is nothing different from the standard. On my Schwinn it is at the wheel so it can't get into the spokes but this one needs to be closer to the sprocket. I will get pics. Merry Christmas. Have fun, Dave
Its just a job. (Link) My shop is in the lower R/H corner.