View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Originally Posted by FMB42 View Post
You want to know what I did?

I realized just how pathetic my bike is compared to yours and a whole lot other bikes I see in here.
The first build always looks a bit rough. We've all been there. The good news is, the next one looks better, since you've learned from the first. Added bonus, you're reading here, which should give you a lot more info/guidance/ideas to go from.

The first motor I slapped on my beast ran for a while before it died. For the second, I knew a lot more (from reading everything I could here) and properly prepped eveything for the replacement. When I motored Harley59's bike (as a replacement for a trashed e-bike, for 1/10th the cost of the e-bike) it went together pretty smoothly, which gave me the confidence to take on doing my cruiser.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that you've taken the first step. Each step from here gets better. And you've got the web's best resource here for any troubles you may encounter right here.

Post a couple of pics when you can, no matter what you think of it we'd love to see your bike.

Remember: It ain't whatcha ride, it's how you roll.

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser