View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: Motorized bicycle setup for long distance riding

Originally Posted by xseler View Post
Where would you be heading to? Steep grades and higher elevation can make a difference in certain things --- brakes, carb, tires, etc.

Sounds like a great time, though! It would be fun to go with a group of motorized bicycle riders ---- call the group "Heck's Angels".
Well MY theoretical dream trip would probably take me from my home in Phoenix to Yellowstone, so I imagine there would be some very steep roads in there the entire ride would be about 1000 miles.

I have been planning out a real trip for next spring (assuming I get my bike built and get some miles on it before then), and going anywhere in AZ is going to include some steep gradients, but nothing too serious. The first trip I am planning is from Glendale to Prescott Arizona. About 120 miles one way. I'm thinking I would break it up into 2 parts. Leave Thursday and stay Thursday night in Wickenburg about half way, then finish the trek into Prescott Friday in the early afternoon. Camp in Prescott Friday night have my girlfriend meet me Saturday and camp together Saturday night and drive back Sunday.

I think that's a good first overnight trip and I plan to do a couple 50 mile day trips prior to that so I should be ready.

Oh and as far as the Heck's Angels goes... I'm in.