View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Did'ja ever have one o' those times when you start tinkering with one thing, then another thing presents itself, then four hours just flew by. Sure you have.
I was originally going to just put fresh batteries in ol' Tempus for her brake light. Then I got to thinking that the switch could trip it sooner if the clutch cable were a bit tighter (my brake light is tripped by my clutch lever). So I worked on that at both ends. Then I decided that I had definitely tightened the drive chain too much. And thus began a holistic approach to bike maintenance. Checked fuel line, spark plug, tightness of nuts & bolts, a couple of test rides, futzing with the idle, looking into the float bowl, contemplating the implications of changing the jetting, another test ride. Then my wife comes out and asks if I still wanted to be the one to cook supper. Supper!?!?! Crap on a cracker! It's nearly five!!! Why couldn't I have started on this in the morning?

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"