View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Went on a 14 mile ride, to a nearby very small town where I go to pay my water bill, nice ride.

I put my Dax through a good test today on that ride and found out what the bike will run WOT which is where I kept it for 90+% of the way there and back, my Dad wanted to cruise over there with me so he jumped on his Yamaha vStar 1100 and followed me, my clutch is slipping only after 120miles on this engine, I guess its a bit powerful for those soft rubber pucks, anyway my bike is pulling my 215lbs at 45-46MPH on the flat with no head wind and 48MPH @8240RPM on a decline.
These numbers are taken from my Dads bike speedo and my Tach I have on the bike, My speedo isn't consistent and normally reads 45MPH WOT, on the way back I was bucking a little wind and still maintained a fairly steady 42MPH on the Flat.

Carb is acting up a bit so I'll be getting my Dax RT Carb on it and tuned before to long.

I need a shift kit on this bike some day so I can have a nice 40mph cruise speed without reving this engine at 8000+RPMs constantly.

pulled the clutch cover earlier and pulled all the pucks out, dang near had to chisel them out, pretty junky looking actually, so I'll be making me a new set out of some qulity material soon.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!