View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 40 + mile ride today !!! what is the farthest you have gone ???

Originally Posted by Jumpa View Post
Hey Roger let me know the size of your fork neck dia. I have an old huffy set of forks with shocks on them. They do not fit any of my bikes...Let me know dia. & length . if they fit your welcome to them "FREE of charge" just may need to take a ride to Bourne to get them is all, they are gold in color with black shock boots .

I heard running 93 oct. is a bad idea but in this cooler weather if your not over heating it cant be all that bad ! I like to hear good news about the GT-5 as I just ordered one from So far all Ive been hearing about them is how every paert in them is off sized compared to all the other motors like the key ways are 2.5 mm compared to 3mm on everything else the bore stroke is shorter etc etc. Of course I hear all these things after I ordered it!
i believe they are 1 1/8 diamiter the guy said ... my vernier calipers are at my fathers house

the tube is slightly thinner thatn standard

i have to run the highest octaine lol my compresion is about 140lbs average ! i need at least 93oct... but i run 93 with a dash of lucas octaine booster to bring it up to 95 or 96 oct and the ping is gone ... no ping with 93 unless i put a heavy load on her . but yeh with 95 oct she runns great no ping no overheating !!!! pleanty of power !!!

yeh man be shure to take off the top end and port the **** out of it and then port match the exhaust and intake also toss that stock plug in the trash and buy a champion L86C or nkg b5hs trust me. also break it in at 32:1 and runthat ratio also. wont hurt to check how much of the piston hangs down in the intake port at TDC then trim it off, mine hang halfway in!!!!!!!!! if you can get some sand paper and a flat surface and sand the head down a lot ! sand the ring right off the gasket mating surface ! so its one flat square aria, you will get better sealing and raise your comp up to around 9:1 right where it should be stock is only 6:1 lol then if you are good you can grind ramps in the piston at the exhaust and intake ports to help the timing some and realy open the engine up ! then gutt the muffeler and tune your carb !!! THE AIR IDLE SCREW IS CAPPED OFF, REMOVE THE CAP ! then count 2.5 turns out from closed to start with you should be close to good with that.

all the mods i mentioned are free and can be done with nothing but a dremal tool, they will make an enormus diff in how much power, throttle responce and speed you get from this motor. i may add it will make it more reliable to since there will be less vibration and no chance of casting flash flaking into your motor and destroying it !!! beware of the casting flash !!! dremal it all away !!!!

Last edited by rogergendron1; 10-07-2013 at 03:09 PM.