Thread: Another new guy
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Another new guy

Originally Posted by Pearl91chevy View Post
Ok not very happy, list of bad things.
Wires were all over sprayed, which lead to me having to clean then and the connections to read them.
Gear cover on motor side that also holds the clutch arm on rubs the chain
The chain doesnt even fit properly on the motor side, it binds up horribly bad
Idler pulley will not holds it place which caused chain to pop off and get binded up between spokes and frame causing tire to lock up.
Clutch cable is binding up at the lever on handlebars

Not very happy about any of this, still doing what I can to make it work but damn.
The chain rubbing the cover a little is common, as far as the idler/tensioner, once you get it in place and aligned, what I myself and several other have done is drill a small hole through the bracket and on through the frame where it is clamped on the frame and put a small sheet metal screw in with some blue thread locker on it and that will solve the bracket from rotating I to the spokes.

It could be that the chain is just not well made and the links arw not spaced correctly, if that is the problem a good KMC chain will fix that problem.

Just hang in there, these kits are really not that hard to sort out and have going good once you learn a few tricks, many of us have been where you are now so just keep asking questions and dont forget to use the search feature on the forum, it will help you find many answers to many problems and upgrades that many of us have done to make our bike very reliable solid running bikes.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!