Thread: Hi there!
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hi there!

Welcome Kathy and best wishes form Texas on your first build, one good thing about living where you do (Greece) is that you should not have trouble with bearing failures.... Sorry but I seen a moment for some humor and just couldn't help myself...LOL!

main thing is yes, take your time, make sure everything is straight, in alignment and all fasteners are nice and snug tight, if you have access to thread locker I suggest you use a dab on all the mounting hardware bolts and studs.

I'm gonna say that most all of us fellas here have a soft spot for an adventurous gal as yourself that is willing to tackle a motorized bike project so I have no doubt that you will have plenty of help and suggestions that will hopefully help you to end up with a solid reliable bike build, I have an aunt that is a secretary and was motorcycle mechanic for many years, she could do all the maintenance and even tare down a a motorcycle to its last nut and bolt and do a complete ground up rebuild..... I always love to see young people and women who have a good mind for mechanics and ain't afraid to jump in with both feet and get-ur-done.....

Be safe and best wishes with the build Kathy

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!