View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 40 + mile ride today !!! what is the farthest you have gone ???

Originally Posted by atombikes View Post
Just two weekends ago I rode 40 miles on my non-engined bike (and that's not really that far for the hardcore guys)...

i love that bike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how much is something like that !

i have the energy and strenght to ride plenty more than i do but i cant afford a bike that is .. well right for the job lol all i could afford was an entry lvl 29er hard tail its a shwin rival . its a mountain bike with a cruiser type frame the geomitry is wierd but its comfy enough for me to go a good 25-30 tops before my back hurts and i just do not want to ride anymore. unfortunatly its out of comition lol i took it trail riding pretty hard and snapped the rear axle in half ! and bent the quik release shaft so i need a whole new rear hub with disk break mount for it and have it respoked to my rim ... or just buy a new 29in rear tire 7speed with disk break mount. and a new rear tire as mine is bald .bolth of witch i can not afford ! so my main pedal bike is sittting in my basement verry angry at me.

i was thinking of doing an e bike with it and buying a 3000-5000 watt rear hub motor with disk breaks and a 7 speed casette but idk money is tight and i would have to also buy the batterys and controler... something like a 5000 watt 72volt 29inch bike would be my dream ride !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schwinn rival.jpg (9.6 KB, 29 views)