View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 40 + mile ride today !!! what is the farthest you have gone ???

Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
I know I sound like a broken record, but my numb hand issue was solved when I got my dax lower build, the overall balance of this engine is like day and night compared to all the other engines I have or have had, there is a certain rpm that a buzz shows up but I just push right on past that a little and she smooths right out or I can stay at 30-34mph and be below the buzzy rpms.

Just got my second dax balanced lower in the mail two days ago and cant wait to get it built and on one of my bikes, I like my older engines for putting around but for a longer cruise im spoiled on the balanced engine now....... !

dont get me wrong here i like thease little 2 bangers but for like 40$ more than just the dax lower end i can buy a honda gx160 seeing as i already have lots of spare parts for it, and have a bike with way more raw power than any china girl could make. it would be more reliable too.

i am though growing attached to this thing and if i fall in love with it then mabey a full dax rebuild would be the way to go in the futere but for the same price a honda or pred build could be done. as all i would need is the basic pull start motor ... i have a lot of the preformance parts from nr racing already....the only thing i would need to buy is a midrange cam and roller rockers.. already have 26lb springs high comp head carb exe......

i like this lil motor but i know how mutch power my last gx160 had and this lil motor is not on the same page, lol its not even in the same book !!!! i

i would love to see a full gx 160 build go up against a china girl modded to the extreem

Last edited by rogergendron1; 10-02-2013 at 12:23 PM.