Thread: Engine Options?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Engine Options?

Originally Posted by vonericson View Post
Ok, yeah my mistake I always got gearing ass backwards and thanks for the tip on the carbs even with all the research I've done so far on these I haven't come across anything about break ins, since it's a 2 stroke it makes sense though isn't the formula 8oz oil per gallon of fuel normally just double the oil to 16oz for break in?
No, 16:1 is way to much oil, if you use a good quality dyno oil I would do 32:1 some say 25:1 which is ok if thats what someone wants to do, I run Opti2 and start my engines on what I plan to run with no problems I run 100:1 and just take it easy for the first 10-15 miles after that I just cruise like I plan to ride it.

Dont try a 100:1 mix with qn oil not designed for it but if you go with Opti2 you can if you feel comfortable with t like myself and several other here who run it, some add an oz of high quality castor oil to each gal of 100:1 mix also that makes a real good mx, castor is great stuff for high heat aplications.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!