View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Originally Posted by Danschutz View Post
Bent my rear axle the other day and Im pretty sure the ride home the bearings gouged the races so I decided to swap my coaster brake wheel back on. As I messed with it I remembered why I didn't like the wheel in the first place, it spins pretty bad. Never having messed with a coaster brake I took it apart and sure enough bearings were pretty dry. So far Ive wiped off all the old grease on the axle and tomorrow I'll regrease everything with red bearing grease and see if it helps a little.

While I have your attention.......

I need some HELP picking out a new rear wheel for my new build.

Its a 70's Huffy frame and I have to spread the frame just a little to get my newer coaster brake wheel to fit so I was wondering can I get a 26 inch freewheel with just one sprocket without all the added width? Something like a bmx rear wheel but 26 inch. Heck even something wide enough for three sprockets may fir.

If you chuckle at my question please remember Im a newb! lol.

Dan, if Im following you correctly........ you're wanting a coaster brake rear wheel on the bike.

As far as I know all single speed coaster brake hubs are relatively the same width, if you want a good heavy spoked 26" coaster wheel you can get a good one at a good price at

I hope Im following what you said correctly....... sorry if I missed something.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!