View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 05:25 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: My first build. Need some advice and I have some questions.

Originally Posted by Herdo View Post
I hear ya, and that's why I originally settled on a 4 stroke. Funny thing, my girlfriend and I were talking about this bike tonight, and about my 11 mile commute. We happen to work within 1 mile of each other and we ended up talking about moving closer. We started looking at houses for rent closer to our places of work, and we found several houses for rent right in the middle of our works in our price range that we love. So it looks like in the next 3 to 4 months I will probably be commuting less than 1 mile a day round trip, haha .

Either way, I think for now I will just get myself an engine kit and put it on this huffy I have. I'm leaning towards the 4 stroke, because I can always build on that later.
Just a few comments:

1. Always use either locknuts or blue locktite on clean threads. Things will vibrate loose quickly if you don't.

2. For your first build figure on doing everything three times, and spending about twice the money you originally intended.

3. Buy the best tools you can afford. Cheap tools always end up costing you more.

4. There are very few things in this world that are as satisfying as riding around on a motorized bicycle that you built yourself. Have fun!
"Can't never did get nothin' done on no car." - Pete