View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: NGK BP6HS-10 Spark Plug

Originally Posted by brightondale View Post
Actually, I'm sure -10 is definitely NOT a marine designation as the plug came in a NOS Honda Motorsports box.

As for my 16:1 mixture, this isn't my first rodeo as I know what the break in period is and this is my third HT. The installation instructions that came with the motor and most I've talked to suggest a 16:1 break in mix. 32:1 mix is insane for break in. Fine afterwards, but you were aware the engine is new. You know, I missed the part where I said there was a problem. The plug fixed the problem caused by the temporary heavy mixture, which is what I was trying to convey in this thread.

"Don't worry too much about how it runs until it gets some miles under its belt."

If you suggest that being ok with a 90% 4 stroking rate for the entire break in, I'd love to see the inside of your engine after 200 miles. The fact that I am now able to run the suggested 16:1 mix and reduce the 4 stroking rate to a 1% or almost non existent is something worth sharing and hopefully someone will simply appreciate the tip on the plug. You should really just try it.
As far as the insides of my engines; I run my engines, even break them in on a 100:1 mix. My innards look like new and my engines run great. As for milage, I've been building a riding these things for a while, my friend, this certainly isn't "my first rodeo" and I can assure you that I've accurued several thousand miles on my bikes. I've yet to have an engine failure and I won't tell you how many I've built.

You might want to reconsider how you respond to people that reply to your questions and inquiries here. Being abrasive to those trying to help you won't win you many friends.

Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"