View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Yesterday I also worked on the Huffy Karaoke a bit, removed the stock slant head and replaced it with the Puch 50cc Hi Hi Compression head I purchased from a member (k.mah), I sued two head gaskets to eliminate piston contact with the head since it has such a small chamber, the engines on both bikes that I have put these heads on definitely run much cooler to the touch after installing the Puch heads and the perfromance is very good on both the Dax engine and the BGF that is on the Karaoke, I will never run the stock heads again unless I have to for clearance reasons on a bike, I can see now that the simply modified Puch heads or going with a better cooling custom head like the ones that Fred makes is an advantage for keeping the engines running cooler, I have always had good luck with the stock heads but the quality compared to the Puch heads and the custom ones is like daylight and dark, wish I had done this upgrade a long time ago.

anyway, here is the Huffy Davidson (H-D) with its new head.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130909_184415.jpg (669.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 20130909_184426.jpg (660.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 20130909_184444.jpg (651.8 KB, 26 views)
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!