View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Need some help with upgrading my bike!

One thing I will say to the post above is that, I run 32T 34T 36T sprockets on my three bikes and you will have to pedal up to at least probably 8-10mph before releasing the clutch for take off with a 34T driven sprocket, you might get by with doing what you been doing with a 40-41T but not a 34T for sure, by not pedaling up to a few mph before releasing the clutch you are really putting extra wear and tare on those clutch pucks, clutch will last much longer if you will pedal up to a little speed before you let it out, if your engine is basically stock I wouldn't go smaller than a 34T and that is if you mainly ride in areas that dont have any long or steep hills, I have a bike with a ThatsDax RT Dellorto Clone carb and a SBP Expansion exhaust pipe this engine is completely stock otherwise and it pulls a 36T just fine with my 200+lbs on it.
If you do put an expansion pipe on it and you have a well tuned carb, you should see a comfortable 32-34mph cruise speed on the flat with a top speed reaching around 38mph +/-? if all else is good.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!