View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Butterscootch Blunder - Don't buy Huffy

I really kinda figure the new chinese made huffy bikes are sorta like the engines we put on them, you may get a good one that may give you great service for a long time and then again you may get a lemon that gives you grief from the get go, I still say much of that potential grief can be avoided by proper preventive maintenance before anything else is done with the cheaper bike, this is the same thing many of us do with our little china girl engines before we ever mount them on a bike, I dont know of any regular bicycle that was designed specifically for being motorize accept maybe some of the wizzers or something like that, I would do preventive maintenance on a $500 bicycle the same I will a $100 bicycle just to make sure all is the way it should be, it makes no difference how e pensive a bike is, a bad or dry bearing will cause you a break down.
I go to my local bike shop and see $700 bicycles in ther with a made in china sticker on them, pick them up and they are light weight thin wall tubing, no way im ever under any circumstance paying that money when I could buy 7 Huffy bike for the price of that one that will serve me well even if I have to eventually upgrade the wheels.

But its all about preference, I dont condemn anyone for whatever they ride or want to ride, I just always hope that people build them safe by going over the bike well and make sure things are aligned properly, things are well lubed, and all the bearing are tensioned correctly.

And even people like Tom and baird who I know are very safety oriented have still had trouble from ther bikes, anything mechanical or that moves faster than you do is always a risk for injury.

Keep the rub er side down y'all. ....
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!