View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Butterscootch Blunder - Don't buy Huffy

Originally Posted by KCvale View Post
This isn't a Carnbrook but it is a Huffy that had the typical self-destructed coaster brake I let the customer talk me into taking in for trade, $100 off a new build.

I don't know if the motor is any good but by the look of the tires it didn't get many miles on it before it broke.

I put a $50 gasbike HD hub with screw on sprocket and band brake on it.

If the bike itself holds up it may end up being a decent ride.

There's a huge difference on working on someone else's crap and working on your own. You don't have a clue as to how hard they are on their stuff even if they tell you, you can't always count on that. I am pretty sure if you built one you'd make it right to start with. You will know more than a noob on how to properly configure and beef one up. I am not gonna sit here and say I know all about these bikes because I don't and you may very well be right, they may be crap BUT from what I've seen they seem to be very popular, especially for noobs such as myself so perhaps the breaking issues are due part to inexperience on the builder's side and the fact there's a lot of them floating around so you just hear/see of the breaks more.