Thread: New shop tools
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: New shop tools

Originally Posted by Scott.D.Lang View Post
very nice looking. just makes me ask one thing is it a good idea for the port to be that wide? even though Ive built a reeded engine Im still new to them and when I think about the rings that just looks very wide but I know I can and most likely am very easly wrong. so teach me please. then after you teach me and anyone else with the same question I want a price a jug set up like that lol
Scott you took the words right out of my head, I don't know much about doing a reed set up on these engines either and don't know what the overall benefit is other than maybe better low end response or something, which by the way I could be wrong about......?

Growing up I road lots of 2 smokers, my uncle owned a Yamaha dealership and my cousin and I road like crazy on the RD and the YZ 2 smokers and on down to the milder ones, all the bikes I ever had were either reed valved or rotary valve engines, anything to help with performance is much welcomed by me on these china girl engines as long as it doesn't cost more than the bike and engine is worth, I'd just put a motorcycle engine in a bike before I'd throw $800+ at a modified china girl... but if a reed set up made a big difference in the low to mid performance I'd do that mod to one.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!

Last edited by mapbike; 08-31-2013 at 10:12 AM.