View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Will an 80cc motor fit this bike

Originally Posted by maurtis View Post
Just from eyeballing the picture, I would say no. It might fit if you heavily angle the motor, but then you have to use a custom intake manifold to get the carb at the right angle. And the wide front downtube might give you issues too. Too many headaches right out of the gate for a new build, in my opinion.

I would just start with a bike that has a larger center triangle and avoid the headaches. An older but good quality steel mountain bike will likely be higher quality and more reliable than a newer cheap aluminum mountain bike. You can always add a front fork with shocks if you find an older bike you like that does not have one.

Good luck!
I agree completely, an older mountain bike or one of the multi speed cruisers would probably be best choice and will require much less mounting mods and will have none of the clearance issues that will be had with that type frame, I bought a bike myself thinking it would make a good build, it was a bad choice and the bike has been sitting in shop for two years, walmart has some Schwinn multi speed cruisers that have v brakes and nice wheels that would be a good choice.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!