View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Default Re: How comfortable is your 'shop' ?

Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Bench vice, compressor, welder, beer fridge etc etc etc... LOL I actually have a short list of things to fill it in, and vice is near the top.
I have only had the one workspace at my last place, and now all this room. I can have soo many bikes in there. Going to be a bear keeping it warm in the 20 degrees of winter.
But overall, I'm pleased as punch about the whole thing.
Trey, not finished with my shop yet but working on a cheap heater/cooler idea.

"Run piping 18 inches below ground level with a solar powered fan. So when it is 90F, blowing in air at 58F. When it is 0'F out side, the fan is blowing in 58F. (easier to warm to comfortable)

08-31-2012, 12:19 PM
OH! I don't know why this didn't occur to me before. The power lines from the house (2 or 300 feet away. I ran out of yard to get away from the people I hold dear and at a great distance) have to be buried. What I am thinking is use flex drain pipe as the conduit and as the air conditioner. Suck air threw it via the solar fan (I smoke and don't have the lungs for it) to heat/cool the shop. Is already there and more then long enough to adequately transfer, exchange the ambient air temperature.

Another double duty thing about it, Momma wants a water line ran to the back yard for her garden. (Water and power lines, what could go wrong?) So renting a ditchwich is in order. Hmm, gonna go with a separate line, thinking about it now.

As Confucius said 5,000 yrs ago, "Woman shall have her garden and Man shall have his work shop. All will be right with the world" Or some thing like that.... lol"

But could be cool. or warm as it were.
worst apocalypse ever

Last edited by Dan; 08-27-2013 at 08:35 PM.