View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: X80-BK on a Murray Beach Cruiser - Starting issues and fuel problems. PLEASE HELP

Originally Posted by 2door View Post
Break in procedures are as varied as the personalities of the members here. You'll get lots of opinions on this. My advice is to read and research and do what you feel comfortable with. The suggestions will run from one end of the scale to the other.

In short, use a good quality oil formulated for 2 stroke air cooled engines and no more than a 24:1 fuel to oil ratio. Disregard the instruction manual that might have come with your kit and do not run 16:1 which is too much oil.

Good luck and get ready for some reading. The opinions will roll in here quickly.

But since im here might as well put my method on the table, I put the mix I plan to run all the time in it day one, I dont try to ease nothing in to much maybe first 10 miles gets a easier ride and then I run it the way I plan to run it, if something is faulty and is going to give it up its gonna do it no matter how easy you run it to begin with.
I dont wait for several hundred miles to tune my engines either, I rejet to a smaller jet size before the engine is ever started for the first time, if an engine is mechanically sound it will hold up and run as good after just a few miles as it will after a couple hundred, as you will see many times people suggest 300 miles break in period, not a one of mine ran a bit better at 300 than they did after 50-75 miles of being run just like im gonna run it till it dies, good carb tune so that it isn't to lean and top quality oil is the key in my opinion, the rest is determined by the mechanical condition of your engine when it came out of the box, its mainly about fit and condition of the bearings, replace to wrist pin bearing within first hundred or so miles with quality bearing, not always something to be concerned about but a definite weak point in many of these engines, learned that first hand.

Ok ? Done.....!

Best wishes and long live your china girl

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!

Last edited by mapbike; 08-24-2013 at 08:53 PM.