View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Rejetted the carb on my Dax engine, originally had a jet that was soldered and drilled with #73 wire gauge bit, that turned out to be a bit lean for this engine set up, redrilled with #71 which turned out to be rich, resoldered and drilled with #72 today and took a 25 miles ride, much of it running 40+mph, after the long ride I let engine cool for a long while and then checked the spark plug color, PERFECT! nice light chocolate brown color and it runs nice for such low miles so far.
This engine really purs along at 40-42mph this engine only has 41 miles on it so far and I hit 45mph WOT tucked on a long flat, stock type Dax slant head, NT carb and extremely loud home built exhaust..... once I get the new exhaust built and the Puch head on it I dont expect much more speed but I'm sure it will get there a bit quicker, 38-40mph is a comfortable cruise speed for me, even a bit slower is fine but it sure is nice to hammer it on up to over 40mph ever now and then, after the trip I checked the head studs and they needed tweaking down again, just used the stock studs in this engine for now but I will be making some up when I put the Puch head on, I have two 3' lengths of high quality 8mm x 1.25 all thread, stock studs are loosening from case, I think that is the only place I didn't use any loctite, I'll change that if they loosen again.

Did some looking at several possibilities on how I may run the exhaust on the bike, just not sure how I'm gonna do it yet, about four options I'm looking at.....( stare at floor and scratch head time...)

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!