View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 40 mile trip EPIC FAIL.. Please Help

Originally Posted by Krealitygroup View Post
Thanks again everybody.

I hit home depot today to try to replace the rear screws for the engine mount. My father is a carpenter, so he knows when something aint built right.

The screws that came with the rear mount were long, and actually broke off inside the housing. So... even after replacing the srews, they wont get into the engine housing enough to thread. So I took metal mesh, and made a "birdcage" to keep the engine from falling on the ground in the likely event the front mount breaks..

So, all that remains is clamping the fuel line.. Then I'm good. It's a short walk to autozone, and we're golden. Took a short ride and the line came off again.. No issue..

Until Next Time

take the engine off that bike, drill and use an eaze out to get those broken studs out of your engine and replace them with better quality hardware, you must have the rear of that engine securely mounted to be safe, yes you will break the front mount and the engine falling on the ground is your least worry, don't be riding that bike around without it being mounted up right on the bike frame, and that fuel line issue better get fixed before you end up going up in flames from a fire ball that could happen if that fuel leak catches fire from a spark of any kind.

You don't get these things done right you are really risking life and limb riding that bike........ don't take chances plenty of info right here that will give you all the knowledge you need to get your bike set up right and as safe as it can be.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!